|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Vela's late goal helps LAFC to 1-1 tie with FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Totti says he's leaving Roma's management
- Uruguay cruises past 10-man Ecuador in Copa America opener
- Copa America organizers worried over empty seats in Brazil
- France looking to close out World Cup group play undefeated
- Lloyd, a World Cup starter again, scores 2 as US beats Chile
- Julie Ertz scores 1st World Cup goal with husband looking on
- Qatar surprises Paraguay with 2-2 draw in Copa America debut
- Lloyd's tiny golf clap delivers big message from US women
- Vidal says fading Chile will show true face in Copa America
- Thailand scores 1st World Cup goal in 5-1 loss to Sweden
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Carlos Vela scored a late goal and Los Angeles FC rallied for a 1-1 tie with FC Dallas on Sunday night.
FC Dallas (5-5-3), which is winless in its last five games, played a man down after Matt Hedges was shown a red card for denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by Carlos Vela in the 49th minute.
Vela converted from the spot in the 80th, after having a penalty kick stopped by goalkeeper Jose Luis Gonzalez in the 45th minute, to tie it at 1-all. Vela leads MLS with 14 goals this season.
Dominique Badji bent a low cross around defender Eddie Segura to a charging Ryan Hollingshead, who first-timed the finish from near the spot to make it 1-0 in the 29th minute.
LAFC (9-1-4), which beat FC Dallas 2-0 at home on Thursday, is unbeaten in its last six games.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 19, 2019